Sunday, April 24, 2011

Just Face it and Make up!

My skin care routine has been a never ending process to find the best products that suit my skin. Products that work really well during one season wreaks havoc on my skin during the next. I've tried a good handful of drug store brands and for awhile they've suited my needs, but not anymore. Since living in Arizona is kind of a challenge when it comes to skin care and make-up, you know, with the dryness in general but the excessive heat (which eventually produces sweat) I wanted to share with you what I've found to be successful in these conditions.

I went to a skin care event hosted by Ulta a couple years back and I was introduced to a line called Exuviance. Since then I've been addicted to the facial cleanser, toner, moisturizer and face masques. I consider my skin to be a combination of sensitive and dry. This line offers a nice sud less facial cleanser that is so gentle that even when I forget to moisturize at night (which isn't often) my skin doesn't dry out. Anyway, below are the products that I use and where you can pick them up for yourself.

You can purchase these products at Ulta or directly from Neo Strata online.

I was in the market for bronzer and after much research and consideration these are the wonders that I've found! Tinted Self-Tanning lotion by L'Oreal dries super quick and produces a really nice deep tan. The lotion also doubles as a bronzer so it is packed with super fine shimmer powder which I really like! I build the tan by first exfoliating and moisturizing for three days. On day three I apply the lotion after my shower and repeat for two more days. The tan gets really deep and not at all orange, even my very pale blonde haired blue eyed husband uses it without streaks or oompa loompa-ish tones. I also like Jergens Natural Glow gradual sunless tanner for both body and face. As far as make-up type bronzers are concerned I have only tried Hard Candy's So Baked bronzer in Hula Hula. It's ridiculously perfect! It can be used dry which is the method I prefer, and produces a real natural looking sun kissed glow. The packaging also suggests that the product can be applied wet for a more concentrated effect.

All these products were purchased at Walmart

The following products are what you could find in my make-up bag for my everyday face.
     -I start with a clean and moisturized face then apply concealer where needed. This is Studio Gear's Hidden Agenda Concealer in medium.
     -Using my full coverage kabuki brush from Bare Escentuals I apply a light dusting of the Matte Foundation. I use two colors: Golden Medium (seen on left) during winter months and Golden Tan (on right) during the summer.
     -LA Splash has a great eye shadow primer that I use all the way up to my brows.
     -Revlon Brow Fantasy is fantastic for shaping, filling, and setting brows. They offer blonde and brunette shades.
     -I have a giant collection of eye shadows that I've collected over the year, I find myself using Ulta brand shadows frequently in Sin City and In the Buff (also Star Dust which might be discontinued since I can't find it online anymore). NYX has great colors that are really vibrant and non creasing. The pallets shown are in Honeycomb and Baby Pink/Cotton Candy/Spring Flower.
     -I finish up the eyes with a swipe of L'Oreal Felt tip liquid liner in Carbon Black and two coats of Mabelline's waterproof Great lash mascara in Very Black.
     -My cheeks are the last part I work on. I buff on Covergirl's Soft Sable (seen on left) during winter months and Natural Twinkle (on right) during the summer.

Lips are usually nude and glossy.

All these products can be found at Ulta or at your local drug store

Whew! What a GIANT post! Loads of info and I hope you found something useful here. If you have any questions or suggestions for similiar products, leave a comment below!

Talk soon Loveys!

No comments:

Post a Comment