Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Gorge at Watkins Glen (part 3)

Continuing the mini vacation series of Elmira, NY I'd like to tell you about a beautiful place:
The Gorge.

It's a serene and unbelievable place to set your eyes upon. It has many waterfalls and carved out tunnels and what feels like a million steps that take you all throughout The Gorge.



It is usually a pretty easy hike up since the steps are already in place for you and they're not terribly steep. Unfortunately, I was feeling utterly under the weather which we're blaming on the red eye flight and my inability to adapt to the weather.





I could go on for days posting pictures of this place but nothing compares to what it looks like in person. Nothing compares to the feeling of peace and calm while walking through The Gorge. We hiked in the summer  heat and that day was super humid that every time we were nearing a waterfall I immediately perked up because the cool mist was just perfect and refreshing enough to push me through to the next one.

I encourage you to visit this place if you're in upstate New York this summer. You can learn more about this state park by clicking here.

Tell me what you think if you've been to the Finger Lakes and this park by commenting below!

No comments:

Post a Comment