Saturday, September 17, 2011

Basilica di San Marco

The Cathedral of Saint Mark in Pordenone is the first cathedral we got to visit since moving to Italy. I've never quite appreciated the environment of a church because all my life I thought the statues and paintings inside most Catholic churches were a bit... ah... creepy.

But there is something absolutely incredible about this church and from what I hear many others in this country. My pictures do not do it justice in the least. I almost think that my pictures take away from the actual beauty that this church possesses.



 

We also climbed the steps of the bell tower directly outside the church, not quite sure how many steps there are but chatter seems to think somewhere around 280 but they were tiny steep steps- a serious leg workout for sure. 


Here are a couple pictures of the view from the top of the bell tower. 
We are overlooking downtown Pordenone.



The picture directly above is of the church we were just inside. 

Well that was our little adventure to the cathedral. I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures and if you've been to this cathedral, I'd like to hear about it. Post a comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment