Friday, September 16, 2011

Porcia Market

Italian street markets are super neat!
During the first week that we were in Italy 
we got to experience the market in Porcia. 

The entire town center was closed off to cars
because the streets were lined with all sorts
of stores ranging from locally 
grown produce, locally caught seafood,
locally manufactured textiles like clothes,
shoes, rugs, etc.

Husband and I were less interested in trinkets 
and textiles although it was so impressive
to browse through.

Of course, the food grabbed our attention at first sight. 
A colorful array of marinated olives,
incredibly crumbly cheeses,
stinky cheeses, and creamy cheeses,
not to mention all sorts of beautifully cured meats
waiting for me to take home! 

Here are a few snap shots of the vendors we shopped from. 



On Tuesdays the Aviano town center is closed down for 
the market. I'm hoping I get to check
that one out since it is closer to where
we're currently staying. 

I'm sure I'll post pics from that market so check back in a week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment