Monday, October 10, 2011

Food for thought.

I've snapped a few pictures of the foods we've been eating since moving to Italy.

I try to make sure I don't order the same meal or even similar meals when I visit a new restaurant and I suggest you do the same when you move to a new place. This way it helps to get a feel of the local cuisine and it's also a sure fire way to discover a new favorite.

Since we've only been here for a month I don't have a huge stockpile of pictures to show. But my challenge is for you to view the pictures and read the captions and try to recreate this dishes at home. Post the pictures in the comment section below and tell me what your experience was like while preparing, cooking, and eating the meal.

Classic Bruscheta with local tomatoes. 

Pear Pasta. Incredible. Little beggers purses filled with ricotta and pears.

The healthiest meal you'll ever find in Italy.
Simply seasoned and grilled chicken breast with zucchini, eggplant, and carrots.

Polenta with crab and tomato ragu.

Pumpkin gnocchi and smoked mozzarella. 

Sea spit (skewer) with baby octopus, prawns, and veggies.

Grilled prawns and zucchini with a balsamic glaze.

Pumpkin ravioli DRENCHED in sage infused butter topped with smoked mozzarella. 

Chicken fajita with arugula and roasted peppers.

Aviano Special: tomato sauce, beef sausage, lean ham (speck), mushrooms and ricotta.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Italian cuisine is so much more colorful and delectable than English slop. I can't wait, wait wait to be there with you and eat everything in site!

    ReplyDelete