Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christkindl Markt

Innsbruck, Austria

We took a quick drive up to Austria to check out the last few days of their awesome Christmas market. I'm quite certain that I would have stayed there forever if I could. The streets were lined with twinkling lights and beautiful old buildings, the air was brisk and filled with the aroma of gluhwein and brats. Snow flurries galore and the best company I could ever ask for. This trip didn't yield very many pictures because we were only there for a night and a day and we were very busy pub hopping (searching for that perfect mug of gluhwein, and in my case coffee) and no one really wanted to take their hands out of their gloves to mess around with cameras let alone having to stop and pose for pictures. It was kinda cold after all. =)

I did manage to snap a total of 4 pictures. 


Nice. 


This is the entrance to the city center where the market was set up. Pretty neat if you ask me… hence the picture. 

And sure, when you get to visit a place that is known for it's chocolate cake you partake in the festivities regardless of whether it's 9am and that's the first thing you've eaten all day. It was the best/worst decision I've ever made in my life. Super dense yet not heavy, perfect amount of sweetness with just a touch of citrus. Sacher torte is where it's at.


No comments:

Post a Comment