Monday, February 6, 2012

3 days worth of eye products

I completely forgot to post this weekend so today I'll be talking about three awesome eye products that I've come to rely on every morning.

These products are all new to me and I'm a converted fan now. 

First let's start off with one of two awesome eyeliners, it's the Master Drama eyeliner by Maybelline. I have searched high and low for the 'best' eyeliner out there and I don't quite know if this is it but I really like it so far. I have dark brown eyes and so I picked up the ever classic black and also a fantastic color for brown eyes, dark blue. These are automatic pencils which means you don't have to sharpen them so I guess that's cool. They are a bit pricey for being eyeliner but I think the quality is worth it. The color concentration is fabulous and the staying power is impressive. I do have oily lids so I do see a little bit of smudging at the end of the day but it's not as intense as other eyeliners I've used in the past (ahem Covergirl). All in all, these eyeliners are great.

For the past several weeks I've been denying the fact that my gel eyeliner from Ulta has completely dried up. I've been spending more and more time every morning trying to warm it up by stirring product around the jar with my eyeliner brush which is just sad and totally terrible for my eyeliner brush. So I did a bit of research and decided to give Revlon's Color stay Liquid eyeliner a try. Mind you I haven't used liquid eyeliner in about 7 months so I was bummed at how that skill goes away if you don't practice. The cool thing about this eyeliner is that it's not waterproof so you have time to fix your mistakes and for me there were many at first. Although it isn't waterproof it does last throughout a good portion of my day without flaking or fading. The tip is a semi-stiff felt tip that tapers very thin which allows for precise application- super awesome tool for a signature cat eye. I'm definitely impressed with this liquid eyeliner and I wouldn't mind repurchasing when the time comes.

Now for mascara. I have tried countless brands of mascara over the years thanks to my ridiculously short and super straight Asian eyelashes. For me, having to choose between mascara formulas that offer long lashes OR full lashes pretty much makes me want to cry. Why can't I have both???? As a long time devoted fan of Maybelline's mascaras, particularly their waterproof Great Lash formula I was excited to try their Colossal Volum' express mascara after reading tons of reviews about how awesome it is. I have to say that after 3 months of daily use I am a fan! I don't get as full eyelashes as I want or would expect from something that offers "colossal volume" but then again I don't really have a lot of lashes to work with. But the mascara seems to do me pretty well even with my sparse eyelashes. (Just as a little side note, one of my girlfriends has gorgeous, long, beautiful, naturally full eyelashes and she uses the non-waterproof formula and it looks like she's got two sets of full faslsies on! So if you're one of the lucky ones with already decent eyelashes this mascara might do wonders for you!)

And lastly on this gigantic 3 day post mash up, an incredible eyebrow pencil. This one that I've fallen head over heels for is by Maybelline and it's called Define a brow. This is also an automatic pencil and it has been an absolute life saver! It has such a tiny tip that delivers super fine strokes that mimics the look of your eyebrow hairs. It makes filling in the brows such a breeze and it doesn't produce those heavily drawn on type of brows- which is really what we should all be striving for. =P I'm one of those girls that hardly ever rocks the au naturel look but if I'm ever in a time crunch I'm perfectly capable of running out of the house just as long as I have EYEBROWS, eyeliner, and lip gloss. This eyebrow pencil can make me look totally put together because the color is so natural (I have a lighter shade pictured here because I can pull off medium brown during the winter since I'm not as tan but in the summer months I've gotta rock the dark brown) and it's almost fool proof because of how thin the pencil is. I think my most liked quality about this product is that it is long wearing. After a cardio session at the gym and endless swipes of a towel across my forehead I still have eyebrows when everything else has partially melted away. So thanks Maybelline for making awesome eye products! 

No comments:

Post a Comment