Tuesday, February 7, 2012

NO NO Nails



I actually discovered these nail polishes not to long ago at my local Italian mall. I'm usually very skiddish when it comes to nail polishes because most of the time I spend a good $5 on a bottle and it turns out to be a royal disappointment. Now I know I'm going to sound like a total snob but I really enjoy OPI polishes because they come in so many brilliant colors and finishes and they don't chip which is really all I ever care for in a nail polish. But with their ridiculous price tag I couldn't keep throwing my money away. So I traded my OPI polish collection for much needed Bare Essentual products before moving here.

Well, after settling in and realizing that I only have ONE nail polish color (OPI Black Cherry Chutney) panic started to set in. I rushed to my local department store and ended up with Wet n' Wild's Megalast nail color. I now understand why it was on sale for 97 cents, because it is crap. Sure, the colors are decent but the quality is rather poor. Since I don't want to turn this post into a bash fest, I'll just say that I was reluctant to try another brand of polish because I was kind of [insert less dramatic word for 'traumatized' here].

Finally, after several weeks of the same boring by now nail color (Wet n' Wild Private Show ) I decided it was time to search for something better. I figured that OPI is a very popular brand so they 'have' to be at a cosmetic store around here somewhere. That kind of thinking landed me in 4 different cosmetic stores about ready to cry after 2 hours because I was slowly coming to the realization that I would have to go back home empty handed and faced with another week of the same old boring played out nail color. 

Then at my very last store (as usual) I spotted this gorgeous deep navy blue nail polish in a discount bucket tucked behind the register, a color I thought was very similar to OPI's Yoga Get This, so I made a bee line for it and decided to live spontaneously. I've never heard of this brand and it was on uber discount and so what if my last discount nail polish turned out to be super lame this color had to be legit. 

THANK the cosmetic fairies, this nail polish line by Deborah Milano rivals that of OPI. I know, I know, don't get all crazy pants on me. I'm a die hard OPI fan and I'll chose them over anything if I had the choice but in the mean time DM is my go to polish. I don't ever remember seeing this brand stateside but if you happen to stumble upon it I highly suggest it. 

Colors for left to right: Galaxy Queen, Anthracite Stiletto, Turquoise Something, Navy Blue Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment