Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kissable Lips


Today I thought it would be ok to continue with yesterday's themeand talk about another current cosmetic favorite. 
Lip Balm!!!!
I used to live in Phoenix and the winters there are very mild (like high 50's) so the need for really good lip balm never surfaced for me. I got away with using lip gloss all throughout the year which was great because I had (and apparently still have) an affinity for them. 
Funny story, the other day I was searching through my bag for a lip balm and instead I pulled out SEVEN lip gloss tubes… SEVEN! Ridicouloso. 
Anyway, Italian winters are serious and my lips need real protection from the harsh winter winds. I wasn't armed with any kind of lip balm so I would just steal swipes from Husband's. But then panic set in when we realized that his ONLY tube of Burt's Bees lip balm is at its end and there was no replacement anywhere in this house. I actually searched frequently at our local grocery store with no success and then out of no where there was this tiny little display of these holiday gift packs tucked away behind the shampoo and body lotion and Husband heroically snagged a couple of tins for us. Rest easy people, our lips are saved!!! 
Burt's Bees lip balm is absolutely incredible. BUT…. if you're anything like me and desire just a hint of color I suggest you give my new fave lip product a try. It's Revlon's Lip Butter (this particular color is called Sweet Tart). They have the consistency of a moisturizing lip balm with a very nice saturation of color. Do be warned though, that because of the awesome texture that it has it is possible to pile on the product without thinking which will result in a very pigmented lip. Which I guess is great for those of you who might be looking for a lip stick that isn't so drying. 
Leave a comment below telling me your favorite lip product for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment