Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Already!!!

Today is a busy day. It seems like every single day has been a super busy day for as many days as I can remember. When did that happen??? I thought not having a "9 to 5" was supposed to yield ridiculous amounts of unaccounted free time. Well, I'm clearly wrong about that.

I'm still working on getting posts up from JULY!!! I haven't even shown you all the cool things I got for my birthday. =( But it just seems like I don't have enough time in my day to do all the random things I get myself involved with. One of these days, I'll remember how to manage my time correctly.

So, today's post is focused on getting started with projects and following through. I don't have an issue with finishing stuff, I just have a really hard time multi-tasking efficiently. What I'm hoping will magically happen these next 30 days is that I'll get back into the groove of being on task. I've set myself up for success (or complete and utter failure) by choosing to do not one but two daily challenges on top of all the other stuff I've got going on.

To get you up to speed since I'll probably never touch on this judging by my 3 month lag on life updates. I've started going to school. I'm taking online classes for a degree towards Hospitality Management. It's not exactly culinary school but it's what's available to me and to be honest it sucks. Mostly because I suck at it. I'm unmotivated when it comes to school work. I've been out of the game for a looooong time and the material is just dry. Ugh... anyway. School is supposed to take up majority of my time and be the first on my priority list BUT the cake baking business has got that on lock.

I'm averaging about 3 cake orders a week and that alone is a full time job. Between corresponding with potential clients, researching and practicing decorating techniques, shopping for better quality ingredients and then actually executing a delicious and visually appetizing cake, it's a mystery to me how I have time to do anything else. That's actually exactly why I have no time to do anything else.

Now here comes the really impressive (read: dumb) challenge.

I'm doing another photo a day challenge PLUS my 2nd annual personal fitness competition.


If you'd like to join me or just follow along with the fitness challenge, make sure to post your scores everyday. I'll post my scores along with my photo.

Here is this weeks' schedule:


Day 1: 300 weighted squats. 
Day 2: 300 weighted sit ups.  
Day 3: 300 baby push ups. 
Day 4: 300 weighted step ups. 
Day 5: 300 side v-crunches. 
Day 6: 300 bent over rows.
Day 7: Active Rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment