Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 15- Da sola.


I don't consider myself to be overly emotional or excessively moody but lately I've had a serious run in with the most mopey mood ever. Spring has finally sprung and the weather usually puts me in the right mind set but all this sunshine seems to have had a reverse effect on me. 

My friends here in Italy are amazing. Over the weekend everyone came over to hang out for a while. We cooked up good foods, drank good drinks, and just enjoyed each others' company in the glorious sunshine. Yet, all throughout the day I found myself yearning for a place half way across the world. A place I've never been and I am constantly thinking about. Can I really be homesick for a place I've never called home? 

Normally, when I'm not taking classes or if I don't have a full schedule of cake orders I like to get in my car and just drive somewhere. Today, I found myself all alone on a beach and I just sat there and listened to the waves. There is something magical about the ocean breeze in my hair and the gentle kiss of the sun on my skin. My heart was full of joy at that very moment but the thought that the moment will eventually come to and end in just a short while brought on an episode of the saddest tears I've ever shed. 

A good cry fest is so rejuvenating and for the first time in weeks, I felt at peace. Sucks that the feeling only lasted during my drive home...


No comments:

Post a Comment