Sunday, June 9, 2013

Reflection Sunday

My thoughts for this Sunday:

1.) Would my shoe collection still be comprised of 78% heels if I were 4 inches taller?

So, I come in at a whopping 5 feet 3 inches tall. I think that the reason why I own so many pairs of heels is because I aspire to be at least 5'6'' at all times. If I were in fact 5'7'', would I still be so drawn to shoes that are scientifically terrible for my bones?

2.) Is it really practical for me to have a ZX6 as my only vehicle?

I love the idea of just owning a motorcycle. I've always wanted one and I enjoy riding so much. It's a thing I've always been into since I was a kid. I remember being like 7 and begging my brother to let me ride his dirt bike. Mind you, it was a YZ250 and I could barely grab hold of the handle bars and my feet dangled a good foot higher than the pegs. So, he propped me up and held onto me as he let me roll down the hill from our house. It was quite the rush haha.

But in all seriousness, is it really practical? For me? I think I already know the answer to this question and it's a big fat "No." Here's why:
   Riding boots are usually flat. That already seems like a terrible idea. I'd have to be in flats 100 percent of the time. I don't have pants that accommodate this.
   I'd rather be a safe rider because it is undeniably STUPID for people to not wear protection while riding. I love my jacket but it's hot. I run a constant internal temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit, so being wrapped in a jacket at all times sounds like a horrible way to live.
   The helmet... I have long, straight hair. The combination of taking my long, straight hair sticking it in a helmet and drenching me in sweat from head to toe is a disaster case that I'm not willing to subject myself to.

And those reasons are not even the "practical" scenarios. I love to cook and bake. Where would I put my groceries? I have a dog, where would she sit? Baby Bjorn for the pup? I think not. She's 19 pounds and easily stressed out. She would not do good strapped to my back riding at any speed or even just standing perfectly still.

The pros to only having a motorcycle: I would most likely hardly ever be late. I wouldn't spend so much time getting ready since no matter where I go, I'll end up looking like a pissed off cat in the bath. I can pretty much find parking anywhere. I'll save money on gas.

Ugh- I'm still highly considering it. Dang it.

3.) What is it with this cat and her obsession with stealing all my hair ties?

I'm not a terrible pet parent. I make sure my animals have tons of stuff to play with and I interact with them quite frequently. Yes, I do go around my house and collect all their toys and put it in a toy bucket because I can't stand stuff scattered about my floor. But, they have access to their toys and they do grab stuff out to play with. But my one sweet cat, Bitch Tits, is absolutely obsessed with my hair ties. She stalks me outside my bathroom and watches me take my hair down and eyeballs my hair tie on the sink. It's rather scary- her passion for collecting these things is incredible. I've always wanted to do an experiment with her. Live baby bird on one side vs a box of hair ties. The sad thing is I'm almost certain that she'd attack the box of hair ties. What is it with the hair ties???

No comments:

Post a Comment