Sunday, July 28, 2013

Selfie Sunday: Heliophilia

It's the last Sunday of the month and the end of my Selfie Sundays series. Today has been a very atypical Sunday for me because quite frankly I haven't done anything all day. Not one significant thing. So. I'm going to tell you all about my mundane day. Get comfy... it's going to put you right to bed.

I woke up around 7:30ish but hung out in bed until  8am. I didn't really feel like doing much away from home so I did my morning ritual of teeth cleaning, face washing, and hair brushing with no intention of going anywhere. No make up day. Gasp! All my animals were in the same unmotivated mood so I went to the various rooms they hang out in to wake them up for breakfast. 

It was actually super pretty this morning. It was a cool 80 degrees, overcast, breezy. Really lovely morning. Made myself a cup of delicious Italian coffee and sat outside while my dog did her morning yard exploration. For breakfast, I had turkey sausage and sweet potato hash, a couple over easy eggs and a slice of peanut butter toast. I thought about a fresh cup of orange juice, but opted for a second cup of coffee instead.


I downloaded a documentary about the Seattle music scene, it's called Hype! in case you were wondering. While my bandwidth was being eaten up, I put my Genius playlist on Indie Rock Mix and started cleaning up my house. Something I normally do on Saturdays but yesterday I was preoccupado to the max. Dusted, swept, vacuumed, dishes, cat box, you know- the youj. 

Zipped over to the gym to knock out a quick core workout. There were like 12 people in the entire gym this morning. It was nice. 

Made my way back home a little after 1pm and FaceTimed with my sister who is stationed in Korea. The time difference between us is so annoying. I constantly forget that she's ahead of me and so when I text her when I get home from my daily adventures, it's like 1am her time. SO frustrating. 

I had left overs for lunch. Roasted chicken and quinoa pasta salad, it was very good especially with a 1.5 liter bottle of ice cold water. I sat outside and had lunch while I continued with my sweet Indie Rock genius mix. I fell asleep like immediately after lunch on my patio, I've got the sweet tan lines to prove it.

I forgot that I had that documentary to watch so I started it but 20 minutes into it, I realized I haven't written anything for today's post. So it's on pause now and I'm click clacking away as I lay here sprawled out on my living room couch. It is currently 6:10pm and I am itching to go somewhere. Maybe I'll go somewhere for dinner tonight... I just can't believe I didn't go exploring today. Maybe another night time drive to the beach is in order. We shall see. 

Mama helping me write.
Three things I would like for you to take away from this very dry post: 

1.) I believe in you. If whatever you're doing with your life right now doesn't make you happy, I encourage you to go out on a limb and take a chance to find your happiness.

2.) Think before you speak. This is something I'm trying to do more often for myself because lately, I've noticed that I talk just to hear myself speak. It's terrible and so I started reeling that back in and I think it has made me a better conversationalist and definitely a better listener. 

3.) Organic soy milk spoils. And when that happens it qualifies as one of the top 10 worst things you will ever taste. Pay attention to expiration dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment