Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bloggers Tag

I follow several different blogs, the content of which ranges from food to beauty and fashion, travel and diy projects, to down right weird- which I don't really feel like getting into at the moment, haha.

There seems to be a push amongst bloggers about "random facts" tags and I've already done a couple this summer, but I figured it was time for a third.

The following list is a copy and paste of several questions I haven't answered before. They are all over the place but I did try to group them in some kind of order. That's just the selective OCD in me.

I'm some what reluctant to post things like this because I feel like there is just SO much of me out there now, and half the time I'm not really comfortable about that. But, as you can see- I've posted it so whatever I guess. It's not like I'm giving you my credit card number or anything important. =/

1. What is one of your nervous habits?
I think sweat more if I'm like super duper nervous, clammy hands for sure and my ears feel like they're on fire but I hardly ever get that nervous about anything anymore.

2. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Since Husband is gone I sleep dead smack in the absolute center of the bed. Like head and foot, left and right- absolute center with all of my pillows on the bed. When I have to share a bed, I usually opt for the side furthest from the door.

3. What is a phrase or exclamation that you always say?
I have a solid sixer for this question. "In fatto", "perfetto", "word", "jesus", "dang", and my new favorite "science".

4. Time to sleep- what are you actually wearing?
The articles change on an every other day basis, but it always consists of the same set up: boy shorts and a racer back tank during the summer and an oversized sleep shirt (from Husband's closet) during the winter. If I'm in the company of others, I have several super comfy pajama sets used only in that particular instance.

5. What song do you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?
This is disgusting, but I'm really into Nicki Manaj right now. I think I'm just trying to get it out of my system before Husband gets home. Been doing a lot of cleaning (more than usual) because he's short and on his way back now so I've gots to get this casa in tip top shape!

6. Why do you blog?
This initially started two years ago because it was something that mildly interested me and it was during a time in my life when I finally had the opportunity to find a hobby. I sort of lost interest after a few months but then I moved here and I found that I have a lot to share. Now, I blog because it is like a writer's workout routine. I use this as a platform to not only share my adventures but to help develop my writing skills.

7. Are you a social butterfly or  do you like solitary weekends?
To be honest, it depends on the moon. I'm never in the middle, I'm always one extreme or the other. I go through intense periods when I can't get enough of human interaction. During this mood swing I will purposely stagger coffee dates on top of lunch dates followed up by dinner then a movie before going to a house party. I'll do this for days on end until I'm exhausted. Then everyone knows it's time for me to recharge and I'll fly solo for a little while. I can't actually stay in my house for more than 8 hours straight so I don't necessarily hibernate I just go places completely solo and I really do enjoy that too.

8. What is your dream job?
My absolute dream job is to own and operate a brick and mortar bakery boutique. The premise is to highlight that eating healthy doesn't have to be a chore. I want to show people that there is a sweet side to eating right.

9. You're in jail for life, what are the three meals you'd want to eat for the rest of your days?
Brown rice, turkey sausage, and two over easy eggs
Friulano pizza (spicy italian sausage, eggplant, and mushrooms)
Grilled tilapia, red quinoa, and roasted veggies

10. If you could raid someone's closet, whose would it be?
Rachel Berry, not Lea Michele. I relate to Rachel's classic yet somewhat nerdy sense of style. Lea's style is very "Hollywood" if that makes sense.

11. How would you describe your style?
Timelessly classic, European chic with dark edges. All the pieces I own transition from season to season because I do not dress my body within the confines of trends and fads. European chic is something I'm very proud of in terms of mixing patterns and colors that are essentially brushed off in American fashion. The dark edginess comes from how I accessorize. Because most of my outfits are very classic in terms of colors and cut, I accessorize based on my current mood.

12. What are your fashion must haves for fall?
I am in dire need of patterned tights. I wear black tights from 1 Oct thru 30 Mar and it gets so boring with plain, smooth tights so this fall I'm incorporating fun patterns and designs. I'm also insanely obsessed with navy and lime green right now. The navy, I get- it's a jewel tone and I do gravitate towards those rich tones during the fall, but the lime green? Whatever- I'm giving into it though and I'm excited to see how I introduce that to my wardrobe.

13. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
45 seconds. Haha, seriously I can't stand it. I can deal with it on other people, but I hate seeing it on my own nails.

14. What is your worst beauty habit?
Napping with a full face on, and lately I've been really into falsies so I've ruined about half a dozen pairs by now because I sleep with them on. =/

15. What is something you put off doing all the time?
Laundry! More specifically the putting laundry away part. I hate folding so I hang everything up, but I only have so much closet space in my dressing room so what ends up happening is that I'll have a laundry basket full of clothes that need to be folded and put away... but they stay in there until they find themselves in the dirty hamper again.

16. When you fall asleep tonight, you get to choose where you'll wake up- where would you be?
I just got goosebumps thinking of this scenario. There are so many places I can't wait to visit. I think right now though, if I had the ability to wake up tomorrow morning anywhere in the world- I would choose Ireland.

17. Most memorable vacation?
Austria 2012. Everything about that vacation was perfect. The company, the location, the weather. Everything.

18. What kind of stuff do you pin the most on Pinterest?
My top 3 boards: Epic wardrobe rebuild, Couldn't have said it better myself, Girly Dream Space. Clothes, quotes, and home decor.

19. Are you really friends with everyone on your Facebook friends list?
Ah, I'm quite certain of it. I mean, I think I have less than a handful of people I haven't met personally, but we have so many mutual friends that it's practically as if I have. I actually do like everyone on my friends list though, so that counts for something. I know there are some people who have like 1k+ people on their friends list and they don't even like 70% of them... what's the point of that madness?

20. Draw your typical day.
Jesus. Ok. I'll do that for sure and post it tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment