Friday, October 4, 2013

Fail: Draw your typical day.

Yesterday's post was another random facts thing and the last question wasn't really a question but a task. I was supposed to draw my typical day.

Today is Friday and typically what happens on Fridays is a whirlwind of activity that is fueled by lots of coffee and music. I work every weekend, which for me starts on Thursday morning and ends Sunday afternoon. Except for this weekend- I finally have a free one! Yes!

Because I am not an artist and after wasting half an hour trying to draw my day I'm tapping out and I'm just going to write about what I've done so far and what else I have to do. I really did try though and it was such a pathetic jumbo of weird disproportionate stick figures that it wouldn't have made sense anyway.

My Friday mornings start early with an hour long sunrise yoga session. I have learned that as much as I enjoy my work, it gets very stressful so I try to start the weekend with a sense of zen. After yoga, I usually go for a nice morning run. Today, however, it was a lot colder than I can appreciate so I actually didn't go. Instead, I sat in my office and looked over my calendar and organized the next few weeks of my life. After about an hour, I went downstairs for breakfast. I had scrambled eggs and a bowl of steal cut oats and two very delicious cups of coffee.

Typically, coffee hour is spent in town (to allow my cakes to cool completely before decorating) and before I head to lunch. But apparently, today I'm not sticking to my routine. It's now 2pm and I'm just about ready to head out for the day. After I post this, of course.

I have to make a couple quick stops in shops around the area. I'm putting together a little care package for a friend so I want to include a lot of my favorite things. Then it's off to Aviano to tackle the dreaded dependapotomus duties of a military wife. This typically includes recharging my phone with minutes, checking the mail, and doing a quick shopping trip to the commissary. My dog went through her food a lot quicker this week for some weird reason so I have to cook her dinner tonight. While I'm doing that, I want to make a massive feast for myself. I'm not quite sure what I'll end up making but it will be fantastic. It's been a long time since I've made anything elaborate so I'm excited.

I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights, one because I'm still searching for that damn turn table but besides that I'm just a little scatter brained at the moment and my mind likes to visit these things during the peak hours of 11pm thru 2am. So I'm skipping my nap, something that typically happens after I've delivered my Friday cakes. The hope is that I'll get sleepy at a normal hour tonight and finally catch some serious zzz.

My plan for the rest of the day after my errands is to have a wicked bubble bath, the weather is absolutely perfect for it. Perhaps I'll have a boozy bubble bath- I'm not planning on doing ANYTHING all weekend. I have the latest episode of Grey's downloading as I write so that'll be dinner entertainment. I have to squeeze in my PM HIIT workout sometime as well, I've got a 1000 rep challenge today. Sweet.

Well, lovelies- that's all I've got for you today. Hopefully I have something more interesting to tell you tomorrow. Day 5 of daily blogging and it's going well!

Thanks for stopping by. Talk soon.
CrisM

Daily nugget: I cut myself a shaggy fringe about two weeks ago (I cut my hair myself due to the incompetence and inability for most stylists that I encounter to fully understand how MY hair works) and today I'm really regretting that decision. My hair is very well trained but today, it is the bane of my existence. So, messy top knot it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment