Friday, November 1, 2013

Welcome November, we've been waiting for you...

"Our anxiety must be tempered by 
faith and patience, 
as the race to ripeness begins."

November is a time of reflecting on the year's events for me. It is a time when I like to access all the things I said I was going to do and if I haven't done it yet, this is the month that it finally all gets accomplished. All the year's projects and life adjustments are made during this time of year. I like to end the year on a good, successful note.

When the new year rolls around, I like to have a clean slate so that I am fully open to new life adventures and experiences without the weight of the previous year's failures holding me back. The best way to do that is to make sure there is nothing to weigh me down in the first place.

There is nothing more satisfying than to be somewhere amazing with the people I love, hand in hand counting down the seconds to the imminent year; knowing that I did the best I could to make the most incredible memories over the past 12 months. My life is anything but monotonous, not because I'm super interesting or anything but because I actively search for ways to fill my heart with happiness and things that make me smile.

It has been one hell of a 2013 that is without a doubt! It started with a town to town scream war in the hills of Budoia, ample adventures of me getting lost all over Italia, meeting and getting to know some rather charming people. The baking thing has been the most career satisfying part of 2013. My love for live music was nurtured and nourished aplenty during the summer. I finally got to put a big fat check mark next to one of my life bucket list goals: Cruise Tuscany on a Vespa!! The honor of being a part of a dear friend's Purple Heart ceremony... Like I said, one hell of a 2013. And my fall season has been nothing short of perfect since Husband returned home.

Husband and I are anxious as the year quickly comes to a close. There are so many great things happening for us and we are doing our very best to be as patient as possible and to remain hopeful that everything will work out as planned.

We will be stateside in just a couple of weeks and that is the most exciting thing going on for us at the moment. We constantly talk about getting to see all our dearest friends... we can't wait to be surrounded by everyone we absolutely love. Laughing and making new memories. *Sigh... It will be grande.

Now, I gots to get off this thing and get ready to go. We're fixin' on heading east to- Slovenia possibly. =) Have a wonderful Friday and good luck in your November.

Until next time, much love.
CrisM

Daily Nugget: If you can tell me where the opening quote comes from, I will send you a prize. Good luck Googling it, you will not find it there. Suckas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment