Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodbye 2013, it's been real

Good Morning my darling friends,

Today I woke up on the sweet couch in my brother's living room. The sun hasn't quite made its grand appearance and it has only been six short hours since I put my head to pillow. I feel kind of out of it, understandably. But, one thing for sure is that I want to write.

New Years Eve is the last celebration of my favorite holiday season (it starts with Thanksgiving). Usually, I like to do something epic to commemorate the end of one year and also to sort of set up the coming year with positive love vibes. There are lots of little superstitions that I stick to as sort of a false sense of security that the next 365 days of my life are going to be better than the last.

To be honest, 2013 was a great year for me. There were a few minor speed bumps, detours, hiccups, etc. but overall- I truly cannot complain about a single thing.

My last few hours of 2013 were spent submersed in a nontypical scene and I was a little afraid of what that would do; what kind of aura that would put on my new year. One thing for sure is that I was able to set the stage for my new year with the one little angel who has changed my perspective on life in so many ways, and that was worth everything.

This next year will be a challenge for sure but with the right mind set and constant effort to maintain my positivity, I think it will be successful nonetheless. My resolutions are short and simple, my dreams still bold, and the drive to accomplish everything on my list is stronger than ever.

Good luck with your fresh start.

Much Love,
CrisM

No comments:

Post a Comment