Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Behind the Blog


Oh look, it's another photo a day challenge!

It's been a few months since I've participated in the Fat Mum Slim photo a day challenge and I actually kind of missed it. At the beginning of February I started posting the pics to my Instagram page, and it's been neat to see everyone else's photos instead of just my own. 

I wanted to take this time to thank you, my lovely readers, for checking out my blog. I know my posts are rather sporadic and have been less uppity these days. I'm working on it, I promise. 

For this challenge I'm doing it a little differently. I've taken a screen shot of the pics and put the day in the corner and below I will give you some insight to the photo, location, and basically just a look behind the scenes and into my life.

Day 10: The prompt for today is: "I am..." I was sitting in the beginning stages of rush hour traffic. The Moondoggies were playing on my car stereo (BTW- I'm going to see them live this coming Friday!) and I was surprised at how patient I was throughout the whole ordeal. I'm usually really impatient just in general. 

Day 9: "Details" I woke up that morning and I was just missing a darling friend so much it physically hurt. Driving around, I finally pulled up to this little bar in Renton and sat there for a while. The weather was so perfect for a movie marathon and snuggling on the couch. But, I had a couple cups of really decent french press coffee instead. It helped. Sort of.

Day 8: "Water" A friend flew in for the weekend and this shot was taken at 11am, at an Irish pub. Clearly, one of us had to properly hydrate in order for the pub crawl binge weekend to be possible. I drink responsibly.

Day 7: "Utensil" Sushi Friday! 

Day 6: The prompt was: "Something that starts with 'c'" I had a really busy schedule and I knew that I wasn't going to have the opportunity to get a cool picture for the rest of the day. So, after the gym I was trying to rationalize the fact that I just wasn't going to have anything to photograph. Then, it hit me- DUH! Creatine starts with a "c"... aye yai yai

Day 5:  "Square" Yea, I know, there is nothing square in the shot- which was really the whole point. I felt very defiant that day and I just didn't feel like following the "rules." So I did my own thing and took a pic of round muffins in a round bowl. Sue me. 

Day 4: "Childhood" I got a surprise package in the mail that was duct taped to shit with the faces of One Direction. I took the picture because as a kid my favorite memory was getting cool things in the mail. I never knew what was going to be in the boxes and that made me happy. 

Day 3: "Orange" This was all sorts of filtered and manipulated to get the photo to come out so damn orange. But, I'm rather proud of it. BTW- that was an Old Fashioned, in case you were wondering. 

Day 2: "Favorite" My friends tell me to keep this to myself, but Steven Hauschka is my FAVORITE player for the Seahawks. I will keep the WHY to myself though. You just won't be able to handle it. 

Day 1: "Me" Almost midnight, brother was in town. We've been sight seeing for days and I totally forgot that I signed up for the photo marathon. So as we were shuffling to the car, I stopped in front of a sculpture in downtown and took this. I chose to filter it through grayscale because as cliche as it may sound, a lot about me tends to lurk in the gray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment