Friday, February 21, 2014

Behind the Blog


Day 20: Alki Lighthouse. Gorgeous day and I couldn't stand to be inside. So, I grabbed my 12 oz. soy sugar free Mexican Mocha and headed to the beach. I sat there for a little over an hour, just thinking of everything and nothing. It was a wonderful way to spend my afternoon. And to get a little home sick for the island.

Day 19: Spontaneity runs in my blood. A friend and I headed to the movies in the middle of the night. We watched The Monuments Men... in Bellevue.

Day 18: Seriously, I'm a coffee addict. The day's prompt was "magic" and coffee was the first thing to pop into my head.

Day 17: My absolute favorite vegetable.

Day 16: The prompt was "create" and I've been putting off painting this piece for weeks. So, what better time than any when my photo a day basically said "Get off your ass and create something!"

Day 15: My "drink of choice" ranges from a single glass of Gelisi Antonio Moscato, to a couple beers before bed, to Cuba Libres until I can't breathe. Honestly though, most days it is all about my liters of water but tonight- I chose Pom Ruski Soda and it was soooo good.

Day 14: By chance, I met a girl. The prompt shouldn't have been that difficult it was "red heart" and it was in fact V-day. But, me being me- I don't surround myself with that nonsense so when I met Chae and she just so happened to have a red heart tattoo- I couldn't deny that it was fate.

Day 13: This was a toughie. The prompt was "perfect" and although, I would have much rather posted a picture of my best friend given that he is in fact my idea of perfect in every way imaginable, I couldn't bring myself to do it. For one, it would have been an old picture and that sort of defeats the purpose of these challenges. So, after my chaotic day- I hunkered down on the couch with a glass of cab sav and picked up Inferno. And it really was the perfect way to end my day.

Day 12: "Out and about" was the prompt but as confident as I am, I really can't stand taking selflies when I'm actually out doing things. So, I stopped in for lunch in the middle of all my errands and copped out with this shot.

Day 11: MISTAKE. Let me just say. If you've never eaten Half Baked froyo, then I don't know what you're doing with your life. It's so simple, vanilla and chocolate but then it punches you in the face with morsels of cookie dough and brownie bits. The "froyo" of it all makes it seem like it's not too bad, but when you destroy an entire pint in one sitting, well then that's where the mistake lies.

Daily Nugget: Lying by omission is still lying. I don't like it, I don't like doing it, and I definitely don't like it when it happens to me. But, at what point do you have to just say "the past is the past" and let what is- be? A huge part of who I am today is because of my past. But bringing up the past to get to know me ruins the illusion of who I am trying to become. Ask no questions, do not dig deeper, and just take it for what it is. And also, dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment