Saturday, February 1, 2014

I like doing hoodrat stuff with my friends

Kidding. I don't even know what that means to be honest. 

So, Brother is in town for the weekend and holy moly cannoli it is awesome! I've purposely put off doing all the touristy things since moving here because I knew that there would be tons of visitors coming to see me as the word got out. Such a good idea too- to not do the main attraction type stuff until out of town-ers arrive.

We kicked off day one in sort of a "Day in the life of..." type schedule. Brother just tagged along to the daily mundane chores I normally would do. He just got to sit back and check out my neighborhood and it was cool. For the first time in this man's life he took a mid day nap. Haha- it's something that I do every single day and he really was thrown off by it. But after our nap, we went out for dinner and a movie and explored the Bellevue night life and it was grand. He quickly realized that I'm a total night owl. And he quickly understood that this was going to be a loooooong weekend and why naps are high priority in my life. =)

Day 2 was the start of our ultra touristy adventure. I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind traveling just to see something neat. So we moseyed around Renton all day. We stumbled upon a great Hawaiian BBQ place and really helped set the mood for our weekend. Island Style! Sure, there was a lot of driving around and not much real activity but Friday was so good. We explored practically every corner of Renton and decided it was a pretty cool place.

All of Seattle was booming on Day 3. We did soooo much today that I honestly can't even remember all the details. There were cupcakes and coffee, good food, good drink, the beach, the sun, the rain, light traffic, heavy traffic, no traffic, dogs that looked like giant wilder beasts, motorcycle brigades, bicycle brigades, and even just straight up people parades. We visited Bruce and Brandon Lee's graves. That was interesting. That was something both he and I have wanted to do for a really long time and it was super cool that we got to experience that together. The night started with a sweet ass 360 degree view of Seattle via the Space Needle experience. I learned that getting put into an elevator with 15 other people and being shot up 184 meters makes me rather uncomfortable. =/ Then we had pretty awesome pizza... in Redmond. We were all over the place today!

And then finally, the big day tomorrow- the whole reason for his visit. SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!! I'm sure we're not really going to do much besides a little shopping for cupcake ingredients and then just hanging out at a friend's house in Bellevue for the game. But, I'll post on that after our sweet sweet victory.

Hope you're having a grand time. Talk to you tomorrow!

Hugs,
CrisM

Daily Nugget: Seattle is on fire! The energy is electrifying, the vibe is so lovely, and I'm so happy that Brother is enjoying his time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment