Friday, February 7, 2014

Risk vs. Reward. Is it worth it to you?

Slowly dies who becomes a slave of his habits, who repeats every day a journey always equal, who does not change the brand, who dare not wear new colours and not talk to who doesn't know.

Slowly dies who makes his television gurus.

He dies slowly who avoids a passion, who prefers black and white and the points on the "i" in a whirlwind of emotions, redeeming eyes in Ecstasy, smiles between yawns, hearts and feelings of wavering.

Slowly dies who turned the table if unhappy at work, who does not risk the certain for the uncertain to pursue a dream, who does not choose at least once, the escape from sensible advice.

Slowly dies who does not travel, who does not read, listen to music, not who is not funny.

He dies slowly who destroys the pride, who doesn't let help.

Slowly dies who passes the days complaining of bad luck or the incessant rain.

Slowly dies who abandons a project before you begin you, who asks questions on things that ignores or does not respond to things you know.

Avoid death rate, always remembering that to live it takes larger effort to breathe.

A vibrant patience alone does conquer beautiful happiness.


Pablo Neruda

What an incredible thing to read and to believe in. 

I am constantly asked "What do you do (for a living)?" And each time I look at it as encouragement to change, to grow, to experience something new. I love the fact that each time I'm asked this question, I have a different answer. Not because I'm frivolous in my life choices or that I'm unfocused, but because I choose to follow my passions. I choose to have the kind of lifestyle where the day to day is just as exciting as a vacation (meaning unplanned and out of the norm). I don't want to be old and broken and look back and wish I did more. I want to sit there and smile because I did everything I dreamed of doing. 

I believe that NOW is the time to pursue things that make my heart flutter. NOW is the time to go out on a limb and chase those unrealistic dreams. Because, truly- I've learned that it really isn't about the destination, it's the journey. 

My journey so far has been my life's greatest accomplishment. I understand that having a career is important, having a family and a routine is all fine and dandy for most. But for me- I have and will continue to live the kind of lifestyle that makes me hungry for more. There is no turning back for me. And thank God for that. 

I now think in terms of "extended temporariness". My life is broken up into small chunks of time, chapters within chapters. I refuse to shut out opportunities to grow because it doesn't seem sensible. Every new place I go, I learn new things about the kind of woman I want to be. I don't want to be a slave of habits. 

A few days ago I posted a thing on only having so much time left. You can read about it here. And what I'm most proud of is the fact that I've really thrown myself into the wind with it. I've made the choice to soak up as much as I can by DOING as much as I can. This tiny, empty flat is just temporary. The trade school is just temporary. Seattle is just temporary. And that is exciting!

The sun is out- it's time for me to go DO THINGS.

Much love,
CrisM

Daily Nugget: Sneakers O'Toole is coming in tonight. I am really happy that I get to be a part of my friends' journeys. He's heading to Korea on Sunday and I'm excited that I get to show him around my new home town.

No comments:

Post a Comment