Monday, February 17, 2014

The Moondoggies at Tractor

I was introduced to The Moondoggies almost a year ago.

They have a very countryesque blues sound to their music and I actually groove on it big time. The rhythm is catchy in a non pop way. I can still dance to some of their songs, but mostly I enjoy how easily I can just kick it and chill with a giant cup of coffee.


My affinity for live music is intense. So imagine my utter excitement when I found out that they've scheduled a show right here in town. Granted, it's not really that big of a deal since they are from just up the street in Everette. (Unlike Local Natives showing up in Italy.) But still, I was pumped! Ticket was purchased immediately.

I spent my Valentine's Day surrounded by obnoxious couples in a tiny little tavern in Ballard. It was a weird experience to say the least but I was so preoccupied with the fact that I was standing front and center, a mere 3 feet away from the band. The show was just as expected. Awesome!



Word on the street is that live music is a big deal here in Seattle. Since I'm not really a drinker (read: minor control issues) I don't really have the motivation to seek out bars in the middle of the night to sit there and pound glasses of water for hours on end listening to local bands. At least not solo... So I haven't really had the pleasure of partaking in that kind of leisure. Sad face.

However, over the weekend, I did meet a really cool chic. The whole initial interaction is quite funny and putting the situation down in words doesn't do it justice. I've tried to recap it about a thousand times by this point and it's just getting worse. Alls I'm going to say is that I am a firm believer in the idea that people don't happen upon each other by chance. There is always a reason why paths cross and I'm glad ours did. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment