Friday, April 4, 2014

March Favorites

March Faves!
My ode to NYX Cosmetics


Face: This is incredible. I have used this product on the daily and it keeps my makeup in place, all day long and looking fresh. I've been rained on, I've had the sun beat down on me, I've been kept captive in a fluorescent room for hours, and nothing melts off my face when I use this little guy.

Eyes: Love in Paris palette in "Pardon my French" I love these colors so much! I went to Phoenix a couple weeks ago and this was the only eyeshadow palette I brought with me. I can achieve really chill, natural looks as well as more bold and dramatic. It's super pigmented (something very consistent with NYX) and although there are more shimmery/glittery shades, I enjoy it because it is spring time and I feel sparkly eyes are ok even for those of us pushing 30. 
Lips: The soft matte lip cream has been my go to this past March. There was something weird about the formula when I tried it a couple years back that I didn't like. Or perhaps it was the color, but I've been reaching for this on the reg. I love love love the color Milan, it's a great cool pink that is like a "my lips but much much better" shade that works well with the golds and browns I've been using for my eyes.

Body: St. Tropez has always been on my radar, thanks to Kandee Johnson. But, I'm naturally pretty tan so I never really went crazy with the self tanners. I mean, I'll use it every now and again during the winter months if I'm going to be rocking a dress or something but lately this bronzing mousse has been in heavy rotation. Unlike other self tanners, this truly does keep me bronzed instead of slightly orange.

As far as hair, nails, and clothing are concerned- I didn't really see a pattern that constitutes a favorite for this month. I haven't really done anything differently with my hair, just wash and let air dry for a shaggy long bob kind of thing. Nails, varied throughout the month- I just did a lot of pastel colors for spring, but no favorite. And clothing, well, I was bouncing back and forth between Seattle and Phoenix weather so again- nothing that qualifies as a favorite for the month of March.

Music: As much as I hate to admit it- I've been listening to a shit ton of reggae dub step this month. I mean, I'm not actively sitting around and b-boppin' to it, I just would throw it on while I'm getting ready or cooking. This is all Hufflepuff's fault.


Food: I think the only food that I've consistently been eating has to be fish. Like sushi Friday's. Because it's lent season and in Catholicism, we don't eat meat on Fridays. So that sort of just became my food for the month. Lots of mahi, tilapia, cod, salmon, tuna. Boosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment