Sunday, February 1, 2015

Oh, goodbye January.

Hello my lovely readers (i.e. Mom and Clarissa, haha)!

I apologize for once again dropping off the face of the planet in regards to this blog. I think about writing all the time, it just always seems impractical to stop doing all the nine hundred billion other things going on in day to day life to sit down and do this.

But, right now it's almost 2am on SUPER BOWL SUNDAY and although, I was in bed... I just could not fall asleep. So, I went to Safeway to procure the necessary supplies for my contribution to the game day shenanigans this afternoon.

What's been new with me? Well, a lot actually.

First and foremost Happy 2015! Yay! We made it through the first year of flying solo in Seattle. What a trip! From exploring my new city, finally (somewhat) settling into my flat, making new friends, the trials of dating, school, random ass odd jobs, the lack of my dear sweet puppy (she's still in Italy with her Dadz), to making the decision to take a quarter off from college... Life has been INSANE!

The last quarter of school completely wrecked my mojo. It was just so intense and demanding that by the time it came to finals week, I basically checked out. Since this is the career path I've chosen for myself, I definitely did not like feeling so blasé about all things culinary.

After much consideration and a rock solid game plan to not get so wound up in the future, taking a quarter off to recharge was the only logical solution. After my last class, I jumped on a plane and flew across the country to Virginia.

My brother and sister in law live there now and so it was wonderful getting to hang out with them for three and a half weeks. My (ex) husband also happened to be in town during my vacation so we hung out as well. It was the first time we've seen each other in over a year, minus the FaceTime dates.

While I was on the east coast, I also visited with a good friend of mine, Espi. He's working out there now... well not now since he is definitely moving to San Fran as I type.

Three and a half weeks of sleeping in, gymming, shopping, and being merry was the perfect way to finish out 2014.

When the new year came around, I felt recharged and super excited for what these next 12 months will be about.

The most important resolution I've set for myself this year is to be more aware of how I interact with people in my life now. I mean, my friends and family- they know me and so it's not necessarily geared towards those people. I'm talking about the people I've met here. As it turns out, I've been very closed off and stand offish to practically everyone I've met. My peers made it known that for the past year that they've been around me, working and studying with me- they actually don't know anything about me other than my name and the fact that I moved here from Italy.

I'm working on opening up to people. At least the ones I find myself spending the most time with outside of school. And not only opening up about myself, but opening up to learning about who they are. I don't ask questions... It's not in my nature to want to "get to know" people. I just observe and experiment and if you're not a total douchetard (technical term) I listen if you want to tell me things. But rarely do I ever ask about family, friends, relationships, or what they do outside of school. I think because I just don't really care- and that is what I'm working on. Caring for others who are in my life now.

What else is going on... um I finally painted my flat. The main theme is black and white throughout the space but there are bold pops of girly ass colors. My bathroom is pink and princess inspired with tassels and jewels. The bedroom is royal purple, gold accessories, and luxurious fabrics (as it should be). The kitchen is a warm golden yellow and the living room is tiffany blue with tons of sparkle! None of my actual furniture from Italy has made it here yet. The husband totally dropped the ball on that one. I'm trying to be as patient as I can but holy hell, it's been over a year... ugh.

I have deep red hair now. It's growing out nicely. Since I'm not in school right now I've been going to the gym twice a day and my eating has become very strict minus the one cheat meal a week I've allowed myself for gymming twice a day. I've only taken advantage of that twice so far, and mildly at that. Something about pushing really hard makes it ten times more difficult to mentally derail my diet for some kind of "reward" type psychology. I think the reason why I haven't really gone bananas with the whole cheat meal situation is because the one thing I crave with the passion of the christ, is this pizza I get from back home. It's got hot Italian sausage, salami, grilled eggplant, onions, and a medley of mushrooms. OH MY YUM! I just haven't found any legit pizzeria that can emulate that pizza. So, why bother?

Anywho... I'm done for this post. Something totally random just popped into my brain and so I'm going to write about that now.

Have a great day! Byeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment